LABORATORIES & RESEARCH
Internships & Research Opportunities for International Students
Internship and research opportunities in several research groups and research centers of the university under the direct supervision of a PUCRS professor.
International students, aged 18+, regularly enrolled in partner universities overseas, at the undergraduate or graduate level, who meet the specific requirements of the project chosen.
Check out the opportunities here: PDF in Portuguese / PDF in English
Registration is open all year long but applicants must apply at least 3 months before they begin their activities at PUCRS. Applying – Step by Step: PDF in Portuguese / PDF in English
Submission of completed and signed application form and Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Agreement as well as a valid copy of passport.
A digital copy of completed and signed documents must be sent to [email protected].
No financial assistance will be provided. Most academic activities are voluntary.
To be defined with the project supervisor / coordinator.
PUCRS offers internship opportunities for our international students in companies established at TECNOPUC, our Science and Technology Park, or at partner companies around town.
This is a unique opportunity to have an international experience during your course of study!
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for an internship you must:
- Be a student at a partner or non-partner institution running exchange programs jointly with PUCRS;
- Be a student at a partner or non-partner institution wishing to do an internship in a company in Porto Alegre, anytime of the year.
The duration of the internship and working hours will be defined in an agreement between the company and the student. According to the Brazilian legislation, the maximum daily workload to be undertaken is 6 hours;
- All interns will be entitled to a stipend as well as transportation, in the amount defined by the company. It is usually around USD 235 a month. It is the student’s sole responsibility to cover other expenses;
- Students are not required to speak Portuguese. Such requirement varies from company to company. Some of them will prefer English-speaking students.
What are the benefits for students?
- An opportunity to learn about Brazilian companies and their operation;
- Larger experience in their area of study;
- Professional training;
- Support from the University during the entire internship period for finding housing, Amigo Universitário (buddy), Psychological Support Service if needed, access to the Library, etc.;
- At the end, depending on the type of internship, students may be entitled to a Certificate of Completion stating the total number of hours undertaken and information about the internship, or an Academic Transcript presenting grades and number of credits.
What are the benefits for the Sending Institution?
- International recognition of the Institution;
- Better chances for its students to find a job;
- Expanded international business networking;
For further information, please contact us:
Office of Academic Mobility – PUCRS
0055 51 3353.6044