Find out more about PUCRS actions to fight new coronavirus
Professionals from different areas joined forces to find solutions and help community
In view of the numerous challenges imposed by the new coronavirus pandemic, PUCRS has spearheaded a series of actions, in five major fronts. The initiatives will be available to both the university community and the people of Rio Grande do Sul and Brazil.
The President of PUCRS, Br. Dr. Evilázio Teixeira, views that the institution, in addition to making an effort to keep its academic activities, has taken important actions to not only prevent and contain the coronavirus, but also to find solutions that support health care professionals and promote wellness as well as people’s emotional health. “There are dozens of researchers, professors as well as professionals from different areas, in a race against the clock to implement a series of actions, including psycho-emotional support for health care professionals and cultural and online meditation moments available to the whole society”, he adds.
Check out the five work fronts of action and the initiatives in each of them:
- Since Mar 19, Brain Institute of Rio Grande do Sul (BraIns) has been bringing together professionals, professors and researchers from the University in an effort to combat, prevent and deal with Covid-19. The idea is to help the scientific community of Rio Grande do Sul to understand the scenario in the face of all the uncertainties associated with the disease caused by the coronavirus, including infection and treatment.
- The University is also part of the Scientific Committee to Fight the Covid-19 Pandemic, headed by the authorities of the State of Rio Grande do Sul.
Education and Careers
- Three courses are being offered at no charge for the entire population through PUCRS Online: Productivity, Time Management and Purpose; Continuous Development Mindset; and How to Achieve Professional Objectives and Financial Goals (both in Portuguese). Click here to find out more about the classes with renowned professors.
- To prepare people for the job market, the PUCRS Careers has developed materials with tips on how to use the quarantine period to reflect upon your career after your return to your regular activities. Dedicated workshops will also be delivered. Click here to register here.
- The has Institute of Culture of PUCRS has developed No Meu Canto, a project for Rio Grande do Sul artists. In the program, live performances will be streamed on Instagram on Thursday evenings.
- Meditation exercises are being streamed through PUCRS’ Instagram and Facebook. The exercises are used to stimulate concentration and self-knowledge.
- PUCRS Sports Park’s instructors are giving tips on physical exercises and training programs to be done at home through the mywellness app, available for free on Google Play and App Store.
- The PUCRS’ Science and Technology Park (Tecnopuc) and Scientific and Technological Development Support Center (Ideia) opened the doors of Tecnopuc Crialab, Tecnopuc FabLab and Tecnopuc Usalab to promote solutions associated with the new coronavirus. The objective is to test out and develop community initiatives in these environments. Find out more.
- On the other hand, Startup Garagem, a program that aims to select new entrepreneurs, will have weekly Instagram live sessions to instruct people to turn ideas into business. Sessions are streamed on Thursday afternoons.