Integrating University, Industry and Society
The world economy is currently knowledge-based. Industry and universities must build collaborative research partnership to maintain and improve their competitive positions in the world and enhance the quality of life of their communities.
INOVAPUC is the PUCRS institutional network of actors, actions, and mechanisms related to the process of innovation and interaction between the University and companies by fostering the development of joint Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) projects that combine the market needs and University knowledge.
INOVAPUC articulates the actors of the PUCRS Academic Nucleus and Peripheric Units. The Academic Nucleus is composed of Academic Units, Research Institutes and the research division of the Museum of Sciences and Technology (MCT), where the scientific and technological research is developed. The results of these research studies may present potential for science transfer to the society and the university. The Peripheric Units are institutional mechanisms directed to the interaction with the society, particularly with companies and government sectors.
The Peripheric Units are:
- AGT (Technological Research Agency): manages all R&D projects with industry
- AGE (Agency Management Projects)
- ETT (Office of Technology Transfer): atents and SW registration; technology transfer
- CI (Center of Innovation)
- IDÉIA (Institute of Research and Development)
- LABELO (Laboratory Specialized in Electronics)
- NE (Nucleus Entrepreneur)
- NAGI (Support Center for Innovation Management)
- RAIAR: Incubator of IT and Biotecnology companies (start-ups)
- TECNOPUC (Technological Park)
PUCRS Porto Alegre campus
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul
Av. Ipiranga 6681
Zip Code: 90619-900
Phone: +55 51 3353-4431